By Keith Kyle
As a long time realtor in Redondo Beach it never ceases to amaze me how little effort sometimes goes into trying to sell a home. I’m not sure if there’s some very odd situation where owners want or need a home listed but don’t actually want to sell it but once in a while I run into a listing which appears to do everything possible NOT to sell the home.
I just looked at something today on the market and they seem to have done everything to keep the home from selling. I often see one of the details on listings but it’s been a while since I saw so many aspects of a listing that will keep it from selling. Keep in mind that this isn’t a short sale.
- Price: This is obviously a common one but the home is probably priced $200,000 over market value
- Pictures: Of course they are terrible
- Commission: They’ve reduced the buyer’s agent commission to 1.5%
- Showing: They’ve made showing the home a serious challenge. Not only does it require 24 hour notice but they won’t call back and don’t respond to emails or texts. No lockbox of course.
- Out of area agent: They’re using an agent that doesn’t know the market and doesn’t seem to be putting much time or effort into selling it (and they won’t return my call)
- Condition: I had been through the home long ago (probably 8 months….yes it’s surprisingly been on the market for almost a year) and I wasn’t allowed in one of the bedrooms, all of the blinds are closed and it’s a mess.
So the question is….why put it on the market if you don’t want to sell it?