By Keith Kyle
The Village in South Redondo Beach may just be the most affordable way of living near the water in the South Bay. The Village condominiums and townhomes feature 323 well maintained units including studio, 1 bedroom, and 2 bedroom condos along with a few townhome style homes at the southern end of the property. The Village offers resort style living and includes two beautiful pool and spa areas (one is for owners only, the other is owned by Ocean Club rental units but fully usable by the owners in The Village) a state of the art fitness center (again part of the Ocean Club but free access is provided to owners) several bbq areas, walk paths, access to the Redondo pier area and more. Most units have ocean views, ocean breezes and are a wonderful place to call home…or a second home. Visit our 620 The Village site for pictures, videos, floorplans and more.
- Well-managed 323 unit complex, with onsite-manager and maintenance staff
- Gated Community
- Financially strong HOA, with the most recent reserve study estimating reserve funding at 88% on 12/31/2013*
- Continuous history of low HOA dues
- A Legal Judgment, favoring The Village, specifies that Lyon Management Group cannot increase the monthly fee they charge the Village HOA for our access to the recreational facilities at the Ocean Club.** Long term, this helps to keep our HOA dues down.
- Two beautifully renovated pool areas, each with its own pool and jacuzzi
- Poolside, ocean view patio seating for dining and lounging
- A fire pit to enjoy the ocean view and outdoors on a cool day or evening
- Three barbeque areas to grill up your favorites while watching sunset
- Ocean view state of the art fitness center
- Lush landscaping, ponds, and waterfalls
- Ocean view dog path
- Steps to Bicycle Path, Beach, Pier, and Harbor
- Passenger Elevator
- “Each unit is Limited to One Pet under 15 inches tall from its shoulder.”
- “Pets shall be ordinary household pets such as dogs, cats, birds, and fish.”
- See Pet Rules and Regulations for additional information.
What’s around the Village?
One of the nicest features to living in The Village is that you can park your car on a Friday and never need to get back in until Monday (or if you’re really lucky weekdays are not any different than weekends). There is so much to do and all within walking distance.
- World famous Redondo Beach
- King Harbor
- The Redondo Beach pier
- The fitness center right on the property
- 2 pools and spas (one shared with Ocean Club apartments and one only for The Village)
- On site market and restaurant
- Kincaid’s Restaurant
- Old Tony’s
Just a few of the many activities just outside your door!
Additional recreational activities are available throughout the waterfront, such as:
- Fishing from the Pier in designated areas
- Sportfishing Boat Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Whale Watching Boat Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Marina Boat Rides Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Ocean Racer Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Charters Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Sailing Instruction Marina Sailing (310) 318-2772
- Bicycling Marina Bike Rentals (310) 376-0431
- Waverunner Rentals Redondo Beach Marina (310) 374-3481
- Bike Riding along the L.A. County Bike Path
- Roller Skating/Rollerblading along North Harbor Drive
- Sport Center Fitness Club located at 819 N. Harbor Drive (310) 376-9443
- Redondo State Beach 2 miles of clean, sandy beach for sunbathing, swimming, or surfing
- Whaling Wall travel on North Harbor Drive and you can’t miss the the mural painted by world famous artist Wyland
- S.E.A. Lab for education about our marine environment, visit the southwest corner of North Harbor Drive and Yacht Club Way (310) 318-7432
* Source: November 13, 2013, Village COA, Annual Budget Report
** Documentation to be provided to Buyer